If you are looking for an alternative to Seresto, there are plenty of other options available on the market that can provide similar benefits. Here are just a few of them:
1. Bravecto: Bravecto is a chewable tablet for dogs and cats that provides three months of protection from fleas and ticks within 12 hours of administration.
2. NexGard: NexGard is a once-a-month oral treatment that provides month-long protection against fleas and ticks in dogs.
3. Advantage Multi: Advantage Multi is a topical solution for cats and dogs that offers up to four weeks of protection from fleas, mites, hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, heartworm disease, and more.
4. Revolution Plus: Revolution Plus is monthly topical solution that protects cats and dogs from a variety of parasites including fleas, ear mites, heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, sarcoptic mange mites, lice and controls American Dog Tick infestations in addition to preventing flea eggs from hatching.
5. Frontline Plus: Frontline Plus is an easy-to-administer topical solution that provides 30 days of continuous protection against fleas and ticks in cats and dogs as soon as one hour after application.
6. Activyl TickPlus: Activyl TickPlus is a spot-on solution specifically designed to provide 8 weeks of protection against paralysis ticks with two applications spaced 4 weeks apart in addition to providing fast relief against adult fleas within just 12 hours after application .
7. Advantage II Topical Flea Prevention for Dogs : This monthly topical formula helps prevent infestations of fleas ,flea larvae , chewing lice & aids in the control or prevention of sarcoptic mange infestations
Topical Flea and Tick Treatments – such as Bravecto
One of the products that can be used as an alternative to Seresto are topical flea and tick treatments, seresto-collar such as Bravecto. Topical flea and tick treatments are applied directly to your pet’s skin, usually at the back of their neck. They work by killing both adult fleas and ticks already on your pet, as well as those in the environment around them. With a single dose lasting 12 weeks, these products provide effective long-term protection against fleas and ticks without the need to repeat applications multiple times each year.
Topical products like Bravecto are ideal for cats or dogs who are prone to allergies or sensitivities due to common artificial ingredients found in many other products. Plus, they’re easy to use – simply apply once every 3 months! Bravecto is safe to use with puppies over 8 weeks old, while other topical products may require kittens or puppies over 6 months old before administering them.
Oral Flea and Tick Treatments – such as NexGard Spectra
Oral flea and tick treatments, such as NexGard Spectra, are an excellent alternative to the Seresto collar. The main benefit of these types of treatments is that they are both fast-acting and long-lasting. For example, with only one easy dose per month, NexGard Spectra can start killing fleas within 8 hours of administering the pill and continues to protect your pet for 30 days.
Another major benefit to using oral flea and tick treatments, such as Nexgard Spectra, is the convenience factor. It’s much easier to simply give your pet a pill once a month than it is to fuss with putting on a collar every few months or checking and reapplying topical products continually throughout the year. Plus, you don’t have to worry about your pet licking or rubbing off a topical product because all that’s needed is a single monthly dose.
Finally, since NexGard Spectra conveniently kills both fleas and ticks at the same time (including paralysis ticks), you won’t need two separate medications for each pest— you can cover them all in one! This makes giving your pet protection from parasites easier on you (and them!) than ever before!
Collars – such as the Scalibor Protector Band
Collars – such as the Scalibor Protector Band – offer a flea and tick protection alternative to using a Seresto collar. The Scalibor Protector Band is a long-lasting flea and tick control device that can protect your pet for up to six months after activation! It’s both water-resistant and weatherproof, so you don’t need to worry about it washing away from rain or splashing in puddles.
The scalibor protector band fits well on most breeds of cats and dogs – even puppies and kittens over 4 pounds. The active ingredients are released slowly over an extended period of time for continuous protection against pests. With proper care, you can expect up to 8 shots of protection throughout 6 months of wear time with this collar compared to only 3 shots of 7 month protection with a Serosto Collar!
Shampoos and Sprays – such as Hartz Ultra Guard Plus Flea & Tick Dog Shampoo
Using a monthly flea and tick shampoo or spray is one way to replace Seresto. Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Dog Shampoo is specifically designed to keep your dog free of fleas, ticks, and other parasites. It’s made with natural ingredients that are safe and effective.
The shampoo contains aloe vera extract and oatmeal to nourish your pup’s skin and coat, as well as pyrethrins that kill fleas, ticks, and lice. Furthermore, it also contains an insect growth regulator (IGR) that interferes with the development of adult fleas so they can’t reproduce and infest your pet again. Simply wet down your pup with warm water, lather him up with the shampoo from head to tail, then rinse it off with clean water.
Finding an effective flea & tick treatment is essential to keeping your pet safe—no matter what product you choose. Do your research, speak with your veterinarian, and choose the best option for your specific situation.